We may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases made from the product links in this post at no additional cost to you.
The Deerma electric mini renewable dehumidifier is a compact dehumidifier that is suitable for people looking for a small-sized dehumidifier that they can use in tiny spaces like sock drawers, wardrobes, small laundry rooms, under-the-sink cabinets, toolboxes, and in other small spaces around the home.
The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier was manufactured by Deerma Company, which collaborates with Xiaomi, an Asian-based technology company.
In this post, we will cover the following:
- What you get (what’s in the package)
- Feature of the Deerma Electric mini dehumidifier
- Considerations for using the Deerma Electric mini dehumidifier
- Are mini dehumidifiers good?
- How does Xiaomi dehumidifier work?
- How long do cordless dehumidifiers last?
What You Will Get (What’s in the package)
If you are planning to buy this mini dehumidifier when you purchase the product you will get a user manual, silica gel beads, and the device.
The device is assembled at the company, which eliminates the need for assembling tools. It also comes with a charger and a power cord.
The silica gel desiccants have been placed in a separate plastic bag to protect them from absorbing the moisture around them during transportation.
All you will need to do is fill the dehumidifier with the silica gel desiccants before you start using it. The user manual has instructions on how to fill the dehumidifier with silica gel desiccants.
The silica beads are not toxic and the dehumidifier has a spill-proof design that prevents messes when you are filling the container with the silica beads.
Deerma Electric Mini Dehumidifier: Buy Now on Amazon
Feature of the Deerma Electric Mini Dehumidifier
This mini dehumidifier is a compact dehumidifier that is a great option for small spaces. The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier weighs 1.6 pounds and its dimensions are 8.11 x 2.95 x 2.95 inches. Its compact size makes it easy to carry and move around your home.
The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier is cylindrical-shaped. Its design makes it easy to fit the dehumidifier in spaces that have varying shapes. You can place the dehumidifier horizontally or vertically because it has been designed with spill-proof technology.
By being able to place the dehumidifier horizontally or vertically, you can easily fit the dehumidifier in a sock drawer or a small safe for your documents or jewelry.
The dehumidifier has been designed using ABS plastic that is flame resistant. It has been designed well, which makes it a safe and effective dehumidifier.
This dehumidifier is 100% cordless, meaning that it does not need to be plugged into an electric outlet when you are using it. As such, you can use the dehumidifier in spaces that do not have an electrical outlet such as wardrobes, drawers, a safe, or a toolbox.
Being a cordless dehumidifier also ensures that the dehumidifier remains out of sight when you are using it.
Technology and Functionality
This Deerma mini dehumidifier uses silica gel technology. This means that instead of relying on a water tank and the use of a refrigerant to condense moisture drawn from the air, the Deerma electric mini dehumidifier uses a desiccant (silica gel beads) to absorb the excess moisture in the air around the dehumidifier.
The silica gel beads used in the dehumidifier are non-toxic and environment-friendly. This technology makes the dehumidifier a great option for areas without a constant electricity supply or spaces around your home that does not have an electric outlet.
This dehumidifier is a great option for small spaces. Some of the spaces around your home that you could use this dehumidifier include closets and wardrobes, toolboxes, under the sink, toilets and tiny bathrooms, tiny attics, and other small spaces.
The main advantage of using this mini dehumidifier around your home is the flexibility it offers you that eliminates the need to find an electric outlet when you are using the dehumidifier. You can easily use the dehumidifier in any room or space as long as you have recharged it.
Recommended: Best dehumidifier for wardrobe and closets
Ease of Usage
The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier is a simple dehumidifier that is easy to use and does not require constant monitoring. Since the dehumidifier uses silica gel beads desiccants, you will only need to recharge it after the beads are saturated, which could be approximately after two to three weeks of usage.
The dehumidifier has a visualization window on the side that you can use to check the color of the beads and determine whether the silica gel beads are still dry or saturated. The beads also change color when they are saturated to help you determine when you need to recharge the device.
The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier does not require high energy levels to operate. The silica gel beads used in the dehumidifier need to be recharged after every two to three weeks, depending on the level of humidity in your home or region.
The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier needs to be recharged for about 12 to 14 hours when the silica gel beads become saturated.
Value for Money
The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier is a great dehumidifier that will help you save money. Aside from being an energy-efficient dehumidifier, using this dehumidifier will eliminate the need for buying disposable dehumidifiers since the silica gel beads used in the dehumidifier can be dried by recharging the dehumidifier.
Unlike most refrigerant dehumidifiers, the Deerma electric mini dehumidifier can work in low-temperature areas. You can easily use the dehumidifier in your home during cold weather. It is important to note that the dehumidifier will not work at extremely low temperatures.
For instance, if you were to place the dehumidifier in a freezer, it would not work effectively. But if you were to use your dehumidifier around your home when the internal temperature in the home is about 40 degrees Fahrenheit, the dehumidifier would still be able to remove moisture from the air.
- It uses non-toxic desiccants
- It is rechargeable
- After being recharged it can last for approximately 20 days before it needs to be recharged again
- It has been designed with ABS-flame resistant material
- It is child and pet-friendly
- It requires approximately 12 hours to recharge, which can be inconvenient if your home has high humidity levels
- It is not suitable for large spaces
Considerations for Using the Deerma Electric Mini Dehumidifier
- The dehumidifier releases some moisture to its surroundings when it is being recharged. While the amount of moisture released during the recharging process is lower than the amount of moisture absorbed by the dehumidifier, understanding that some moisture will be released during the recharging process eliminates any worries that you might have regarding its functionality.
- Ensure that you keep the dehumidifier away from things like furniture or walls that can easily absorb moisture whenever you are recharging the Deerma electric mini dehumidifier.
- The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier can heat up during the recharging process. If you touch the outer surface of the dehumidifier while it is recharging you will notice that the dehumidifier is slightly warm. This is nothing to worry about because it releases some heat when it is recharged.
- Ensure that the dehumidifier is not covered by a plastic covering or anything else when it is being recharged. Covering the dehumidifier when you are recharging could make the environment around the dehumidifier extra warm or increase the humidity levels around the dehumidifier.
- When recharging the dehumidifier, ensure that you place the dehumidifier upright.
- While the dehumidifier can last for up to 20 days without recharging, it is important to note that the higher the level of humidity around your home or the space that you will be using the dehumidifier, the shorter the number of days that you will use the dehumidifier before recharging.
- If you are using the dehumidifier in a closet or wardrobe, or any other tiny space, ensure that the dehumidifier is not blocked by the clothes. Try to push the clothes away from the dehumidifier to promote proper air circulation around the dehumidifier.
Are mini dehumidifiers good?
Mini dehumidifiers are good for people who are looking for dehumidifiers meant for small spaces. A mini dehumidifier will not be able to dehumidify a 4500 square feet room effectively.
While the mini dehumidifier will absorb moisture from the air, you will notice that the room will still have high humidity levels even after the water tank of the mini dehumidifier is full.
As such, it is advisable to buy a mini dehumidifier when you are looking for a dehumidifier for small spaces like cabinets and sock drawers. Aside from the Deerma electric mini dehumidifier, if you are looking for an alternative mini dehumidifier for your home, the hOmeLabs small space dehumidifier is a great option.
How does Xiaomi dehumidifier work?
The Xiaomi dehumidifier works by reducing the levels of moisture in the air. The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier, which is one of the dehumidifiers made by the company uses silica gel technology to absorb excess humidity from the air until the silica gel beads are fully saturated.
Xiaomi makes a wide range of dehumidifiers. The Deerma electric mini dehumidifier is one of the dehumidifiers made by the Xiaomi Company. Aside from dehumidifiers, Xiaomi also manufactures vacuum cleaners and other products used to improve the air quality in your home.
How long do cordless dehumidifiers last?
The longevity of cordless dehumidifiers significantly depends on the users’ ability to care for the dehumidifier well and adhere to standard maintenance protocols.
Most cordless dehumidifiers will last between three to five years. They can last for a longer duration depending on how you use the dehumidifier.